Canine Companions
Nina is almost eleven months old now, she is so much fun these days. She really wants to walk, she stands up on her knees and lunges forward, and can stand up and balance on her own for about 10 seconds. Yesterday she fell at daycare and bruised her head...I know that with this new mobility comes bumps and bruises, I am struggling between my desire to protect her from getting hurt and wanting her to explore and cultivate a sense of adventure and independence. We have officially weaned, it was the right time but I will miss nursing her, even if we only did it once a day. I don't miss pumping though, it is nice not to have to worry about that at work. I am amazed at how much she is learning these days, she is able to follow basic commands and understands when I ask her to do something, for example, if I ask her to find the pink pig, she looks around until she finds the pig puzzle piece and then hands it to me. She will be transitioning to the toddler room at daycare next month, I can't wait to see her sitting at little table (booster seats) with all of the other kids. Her favorite finger foods lately are baked potato, beans, and cheerios. We start each meal with a finger food, she is getting pretty good at picking up the food and putting it in her mouth. Mookie loves to hang around while she eats, she helps us so much by cleaning up all of the food from the floor that Nina drops!
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home